Why CBD Oil Potency Matters: Choosing the Best CBD Oil.
For consumers, the potency of CBD Oil is the most critical factor when buying. Multiple factors can make one Oil better than the next, but strength is always the key, and it influences the cost of the product as well as its effectiveness.
The strength of CBD Oil is determined by the amount of CBD in the Oil, however other factors can also influence the strength. Does strength make a big difference? How can you tell which Is the strongest? And what exactly is CBD?
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD Oil is where the CBD cannabinoid is extracted from the hemp plant, seeds, leaves, and mixed with a fatty carrier oil such as MCT Oil, Hemp seed oil or olive oil. Some CBD Oils will contain other elements of cannabinoids like CBG, CBN, and Trace amounts of THC as well as other plant compounds like Terpenes, flavonoids, and essential oils.
Strengths of CBD Oil
Because of all the various ingredients in CBD Oil, the consistency and taste can vary as well as the strength, and strength depends on the formulation. CBD Isolate is where the Oil only contains the CBD cannabinoid, which gives you very pure and robust Oil, but that doesn't mean it's the most potent Oil available.
Full Spectrum Oils contain the other cannabinoids and plant ingredients, which is why some professionals believe they generate the entourage effect, which leads to more noticeable benefits. The full spectrum Oils must contain less than 0.3% THC to be legally compliant.
Broad-spectrum Oil will have 0% THC but contains the other cannabinoids and plant ingredients, however, there is some debate about whether the trace amount of THC is required to achieve the entourage effect.
How to Spot potent CBD Oil?
You may find yourself coming across two 10 ml bottles; one label says 3000 mg the other 6000 mg. By buying the 3000mg, you would have to take twice as much as you would with the 6000mg to get the desired effect, and if the more potent Oil is less than twice the cost of the weaker Oil, you are saving yourself money.
Retailers will use confusing labelling.
If you are looking at a CBD Isolate then the label may say something along the lines of 99% pure CBD, this may tell you the strength of the Oil, but it doesn't tell you the potency per volume, so find on the label where it indicates the milligrams (mg) of CBD. Many bottles have a percentage on the front, for example, Enhance's CBD Oil's have 10% on the bottles which contain 1000mg CBD and 5% for the 500mg option.
Lab reports should indicate the volume of every compound found in the Oil, including the other cannabinoids like CBN, CBG, or THC if it is a full spectrum Oil. Reputable companies will show their lab reports on their websites.
Does CBD Oil strength matter?
When it comes to CBD, everyone is different. What works for one person may not work for another. Factors like body weight, metabolism, and individual brain chemistry can affect how well we interact with CBD, but strength does matter and in a few essential ways.
- The stronger and more potent a CBD Oil, the more effects it's going to generate. What is strong CBD Oil? Consumers should look to be taking a minimum of 35 mg per serving; anything below that and consumers will likely have immeasurable levels of CBD in their bloodstream.
- Researchers agree that CBD on its own will be less effective than a full spectrum CBD Oil. The other cannabinoids and plant compounds supposedly work together synergistically to generate what they call the entourage effect.
Crucial Advice for CBD users:
- Don't swallow it straight away – The longer you can hold the Oil under your tongue, the more you are going to absorb into your bloodstream. Those that swallow the Oil straight away will consume minimal amounts of CBD and are less likely to notice any benefits.
- If you would prefer to swallow Oil, you can mix it with black pepper to help you absorb more into your bloodstream. Black pepper increases the bioavailability of CBD by preventing the liver's drug-metabolizing enzymes from breaking down the CBD.
- Lastly, be careful who you buy your CBD Oil from. The CBD industry is still unregulated, so there may be companies selling products that are unsafe and haven't been tested. So keep an eye out for lab reports and use companies that use review sites like trust pilot.
Where Can I Buy A High-Quality Potent CBD Oil?
Buy a Full Spectrum CBD Oil from Enhance to obtain the maximum benefits of CBD Oil. Enhance's CBD Oils are full-spectrum, mixed with the best quality carrier oils, and also come with the option of flavoured CBD Oils to help you get the most out of your CBD experience. Shop the range of Enhance CBD products and experience CBD the way nature intended.
Should you decide you do not like using CBD Oil, Enhance also provide CBD capsules which have been naturally sourced and carefully extracted to help deliver you with a more gradual release of CBD into your system.